ignite-user mailing list archives

From Welly Tambunan <if05...@gmail.com>
Subject Storing Time Series data efficiently on Ignite
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2015 09:50:27 GMT
Hi Igniters,

Currently we are trying to asses the possibility of using Ignite on our
Architecture.

We have a case where we want to store time series data in memory.  We will
have a lots of sensor data. So i think i will use sensor id as a key to
retrieve the time series from cache.

However i can't find any sorted list structure in ignite to store our time
series. The index can be long ( for time ). So it will need to be sorted by

We also have a query for getting range of index, ex: Give me all series
from start idx to end idx.
For updating we also need to be able to update a range with new data
series.

We just don't want to re uploaded the data again over and over again to
cache everytime there's an update on the range. We want to be able to
update the cache partially based on the range.

Is there any way we can achieve this on Ignite ?

Any suggestion or reference would be really appreciated.

Cheers

--
Welly Tambunan
Triplelands