ignite-user mailing list archives

From juanavelez <jsjunkemai...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help with integrating Ignite(as JCache) with JBoss EAP 6.4
Date Mon, 07 Dec 2015 21:32:27 GMT
Hi Val,

Thanks for your reply.

The reason for all this request was to try to use the JCache API as agnostically as possible,
so we could switch implementations if necessary (for example switch from Hazelcast to Ignite
and viceversa).

I agree with you that having the configuration in properties is very difficult (I tried to
use JSON to deserialize a very simple Ignite Configuration and honestly could not accomplish

At this point I think we are going to go the route of using Spring configuration and use its
URI as a parameter to CachingProvider.getCacheManager but we still have the issue of the ClassLoader
(for which you have gladly opened a ticket).

Since the fix for the classloader issue is not yet released, we don’t know yet how we will
proceed. An option we are thinking is to create the IgniteConfiguration based on code in IgnitionEx.loadConfigurations(springCfgUrl).

Thanks - Juan

> On Dec 7, 2015, at 1:05 PM, vkulichenko [via Apache Ignite Users] <ml-node+s70518n2166h54@n6.nabble.com>
> Juan,
> I don't see why we should provide cache configuration properties there, because cache
is created by CacheManager, not CachingProvider, and based on configuration object, not Spring
XML file.
> At the same time I agree that now there is now way to use Ignite's CacheManager without
Spring and it would be nice to have an alternative. But the problem is that it's really hard
to express the whole Ignite configuration as Properties class (there are factories, SPIs,
> I think we can add an optional grid name property that will allow to provide the name
of already started Ignite instance. This way user will be able to start Ignite outside of
CacheManager using IgniteConfiguration object (no XML file needed) and then create CacheManager
based on this existing Ignite instance. What do you think?
here <http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=unsubscribe_by_code&node=2134&code=anNqdW5rZW1haWw3M0BnbWFpbC5jb218MjEzNHw1NjQzNTc4Mjg=>.