ignite-user mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Ignite Shared Rdd
Date Wed, 30 Dec 2015 11:48:58 GMT
Hi Kira,

It can be any kind of applications that needs to have an RDD that must
be shared among different Spark jobs.
Such a shared RDD can preserve a state or data that can be reused by
many Spark jobs in parallel or later.
Shared RDD is a contribution from Ignite to Spark and not a replacement
of the latter. [1]

In general, Apache Ignite is an in-memory data fabric with many
components [2], including distributed computation engine, and [3] use
cases while Spark is a distributed computation engine.

[1] https://ignite.apache.org/use-cases/spark/shared-memory-layer.html
[2] https://apacheignite.readme.io/
[3] https://ignite.apache.org/usecases.html

--