ignite-user mailing list archives

From Juan Velez <jsjunkemai...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to serialize/deserialize IgniteConfiguration to/from JSON
Date Mon, 07 Dec 2015 21:59:30 GMT
Hello Val,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

After responding to another issue you replied (Help with Integrating Ignite… with JBoss…)
I don’t know how easy would be to describe an IgniteConfiguration object as a JSON string.
As you mentioned in that reply, there are many factories, SPIs, etc. that are properties themselves.

I think the main reason for having a JSON configuration of Ignite would be to avoid the use
of Spring for configuration but seeing how the IgniteConfiguration class (and its dependents)
don’t really follow a JavaBean approach, I don’t think it would be a good candidate for
JSON deserialization.

One of the issues (and I think in this case you have no control over it) I ran into was that
CacheConfiguration extends MutableConfiguration (from JCache) and MutableConfiguration’s
expiryPolicyFactory is set at construction time to EternalExpiryPolicy.factoryOf() which itself
returns a FactoryBuilder.SingletonFactory that does not have a default constructor.

Another issue was with the DiscoverySpi configuration whose concrete implementation class
TcpDiscoverySpi has many getter methods that when called raise an NPE (e.g. getRemoteNodes()
) and the reason for this, is that a TcpDiscoverySpi is not really ready until its spiStart
method is called, which a JSON Serializer would not know about that.

Having said all this, I am going to open a ticket to request that Ignite itself provides some
utility class/method that returns an IgniteConfiguration from a JSON string and generates
a JSON from an IgniteConfiguration. It would be left to the implementors of the feature to
determine how to specify the JSON string for deserialization and/or other restrictions/constraints/pre-requisites
necessary for it to work correctly.

Thanks - Juan