ignite-user mailing list archives

From vkulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help with integrating Ignite(as JCache) with JBoss EAP 6.4
Date Mon, 07 Dec 2015 21:05:07 GMT
Juan,

I don't see why we should provide cache configuration properties there,
because cache is created by CacheManager, not CachingProvider, and based on
configuration object, not Spring XML file.

At the same time I agree that now there is now way to use Ignite's
CacheManager without Spring and it would be nice to have an alternative. But
the problem is that it's really hard to express the whole Ignite
configuration as Properties class (there are factories, SPIs, etc.).

I think we can add an optional grid name property that will allow to provide
the name of already started Ignite instance. This way user will be able to
start Ignite outside of CacheManager using IgniteConfiguration object (no
XML file needed) and then create CacheManager based on this existing Ignite
instance. What do you think?

-Val