ignite-user mailing list archives

From bluehu <husheng...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: We want to add an "dynamic create index" interface to ignite replacing index annotation, do you have any suggestions?
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2015 02:29:33 GMT
This ticket meets our requirement, I am trying to add “addIndex” interface in
IgniteCache(IgniteCacheProxy) as you said.

I have studied the code on ignite index, including these classes:
QueryProcessor, IgniteH2Indexing, GridH2Table, GridH2TreeIndex,
TypeDescriptor, TableDescriptor, RowDescriptor, IndexDescriptor, etc..

I had wanted to use SQL on h2database like "ALTER TABLE ADD [column]..." to
add a new column and it's index to GridH2Table, but I found "ALTER TABLE..."
can not specify engine like this "engine
"org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.query.h2.opt.GridH2Table$Engine"", so
I give up this way.

Now I trying to modify the object of GridH2Table directly through
QueryProcessor and IgniteH2Indexing, including GridH2Table's member: Column,
RowDescriptor and GridH2TreeIndex.
the stack like this:

I have two questions at present:
1.Is my thinking the right direction?
2.How can I notify other ignite node to add index?