ignite-user mailing list archives

From Vladimir Ozerov <voze...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: IGFS backed by persistence on physical filesystem
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2015 06:08:57 GMT
Kobe, Paolo,

At the moment IGFS has no adapters to interact with "regular" file systems
without Hadoop. Note that Hadoop comes with LocalFileSystem [1] class which
delegates to OS file system. Probably you can give it a chance and check
whether it meets your requirements.

Some time ago there was a discussion to implement native IGFS -> OS adapter
[2], but no final decisions were made. As were are seing growing interest
to this feature probably we should resume this thread.

[1]
https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.7.1/api/org/apache/hadoop/fs/LocalFileSystem.html
[2]
http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/Making-Ignite-In-Memory-File-System-mountable-td287.html