ignite-user mailing list archives

From mp <mjj...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Distributed queue problem with peerClassLoading enabled
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2015 13:50:30 GMT
Denis,

Please see below.

On Wed, Nov 4, 2015 at 1:51 PM, Denis Magda <dmagda@gridgain.com> wrote:

> Hi Mateusz,
>
> Please see below
>
> On 11/4/2015 11:13 AM, mp wrote:
>
> Hi Dmitriy,
>
> That is great news! I will definitely try out the new version as soon as
> it's released.
>
> Is there any chance to include a fix for
> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-1823>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-1823 in the upcoming version
> (see the message from Artem earlier in this thread)?
>
> It depends on whether anyone in the community will pick it up or not.
>
> In any case I still wouldn't recommend you to use the SHARED deployment
> mode if multiple developers actively testing something in a cluster. One
> day you may face with the issue when one developer's class is overriden by
> a new version of the same class from the other developer.

OK, got it.

> Would it be possible to achieve the following in the new version (this is
> a typical scenario in my setup): a cluster of server nodes on powerful
> machines, two analysts/developers are actively testing some prototype
> algorithm and are using the same class *with different code* and running
> their computations on the cluster *at the same time*. Each computation uses
> different code for the same class (the code exists only on the developer's
> client node)?
>
> Are you going to work with any cache in a compute task body?
> - If you aren't going then you can freely enable PRIVATE or ISOLATE mode
> (to exclude a possible case when one developer's class is overridden by a
> new class's version from the other developer) and start using Compute
> Engine;

- If you are going than try to give a shot to SHARED mode but use Compute
> Engine instead of IgniteQueue. IGNITE-1823 is reproduced with IgniteQueue
> but probably this will work with Compute Engine.

But as I understand, in the previous message in this thread Dmitriy stated
that in Ignite 1.5 it *will* be possible to use distributed cache in both
PRIVATE and ISOLATED modes. Am I right?
If this is correct, I assume that I will be able to use PRIVATE or
ISLOLATED mode (where distributed cache will work, making IgniteQueue
usable), and in such modes "true" peerClassLoading will also work (ie,
different versions of the same class from different client nodes at the
same time). If that is correct, I couldn't dream of a better scenario :)

Thanks to all of you for such prompt support!

Cheers,
-Mateusz