ignite-user mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: off heap memory
Date Thu, 26 Nov 2015 06:42:02 GMT
Hi,

You're correct saying that Ignite's off-heap cache memory mode uses
Unsafe at the implementation layer.
Right, there is no any de-fragmentation related logic in Ignite, this is
delegated to an operating system that knows how to do this better.

Allocated memory re-usage, what slab allocator does, sounds interesting.
Do you have any info/articles on how the mentioned memory grids benefit
from implementing the slab like way and what are the names of those grids?

--
Denis