ignite-user mailing list archives

From vkulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: remove cache on high-speed
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2015 19:27:48 GMT
Hi,

Can you please properly subscribe to the mailing list so that community
receives email notifications? Follow the instructions here:

wychoi wrote
> hi
> In multiple cluster nodes environment
>
> I removed the cache on high-speed (1 ms),
>
> Then killed one of the cluster nodes(server), and then node(server) launch
> again
>
> Several caches are not deleted survives again
> and retain cache in cacheMetricsMxBean of visualvm
>
> ignite have any problems ?
>
> code -------------------
>
> cache.remove(key);
> cache.clear(key);

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to achieve. First of all, it
doesn't make much sense to do remove operation and then clear for the same
key, because entry is already removed by the first one. Actually, these
methods have much in common and both remove the entry from the cache. The
difference is that remove() is additionally enlisted in the transaction (if
there is any) and also delegates to the persistence store.

Can you please describe your use case? Also what metric on MX bean are you
looking at?

-Val