ignite-user mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: off heap memory
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2015 10:55:36 GMT
Hi Ambha,

Please properly subscribe to the user list (this way we will not have to
manually approve your emails). All you need to do is send an email to
“user-subscribe@ignite.apache.org” and follow simple instructions in the
reply.

In short, the 'off-heap' is just a part of the memory that located outside
of Java Heap which lets to avoid lengthy garbage collection cycles in cases
when a cache stores significant amount of data.

You may want to read some basics here:
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/off-heap-memory
If you need more details then don't hesitate jumping into the code ;)

In regards to the performance as far as I know the OFF_HEAP mode is a bit
slower, but not too much.

Community, do we have any publicly available info showing the benchmarking
results for the off-heap mode?

Regards,
Denis