ignite-user mailing list archives

From Ivan Veselovsky <iveselovs...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: IGFS backed by persistence on physical filesystem
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2015 19:48:35 GMT
Paolo Di Tommaso wrote
> What if you have multiple nodes in a cluster using
> org.apache.hadoop.fs.LocalFileSystem as a secondary file system? Each node
> saves the IGFS content locally?

In my understanding yes, each node that was requested to do the file
operation will store the file locally.

Paolo Di Tommaso wrote
> Could it be used to save the data over a NFS mount ?

LocalFileSystem runs over OS file system with "/" being the roott of the
file system, so if an NFS path is mounted , say, in /mnt/nfs/, the files
written under there will be shared. We may think about some kind of "chroot"
there to isolate the Ignite file system from other things.