ignite-user mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Disk Secondary FileSystem
Date Mon, 09 Nov 2015 09:14:14 GMT
Hi,

Presently IGFS supports only Hadoop as a persistent storage out of the box.

As far as I know Hadoop shouldn't consume much of RAM and OutOfMemoryError
(OOM) you're getting most likely to happen because of IGFS that stores too
much data and there is no more physical memory available on your machine. So
switching to other distributed persistent storage like SMB or NFS shouldn't
help you.

As I suggested in the other thread you can try to use IGFS eviction policy
to get rid of OOM:
http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/OutOfMemoryError-with-Hadoop-backing-filesystem-td1854.html#a1885

Regards,
Denis