ignite-user mailing list archives

From vkulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OutOfMemoryError with Hadoop backing filesystem
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2015 00:07:07 GMT
Hi,

Can you please subscribe to the mailing list so that we receive email
notification for your posts? You can refer to this instruction:

Stolidedog wrote
> I get a OutOfMemoryError when I have multiple threads writing small files
> to IGFS with Hadoop configured as a backing file system.

How much data do you have? Most likely you just need to increase the amount
of heap memory (use -Xmx JVM property). You can also limit the amount of
memory allocated for the file system:

<bean class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.FileSystemConfiguration">

    <property name="maxSpaceSize" value="#{4 * 1024 * 1024 * 1024}"/>
</bean>

Note that the limit should be around 1-2G less than maximum heap size,
because some memory is required by the node itself to be functional.

Let us know if it helps.

-Val