ignite-user mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: IP based discovery, dynamic nodes, and start() deadlock
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2015 09:00:08 GMT
Hi Erik,

Discovery logic works the same for any kind of IP finders.
IP finder is just a way to pass a list of TCP/IP addresses to use during the
time a node joins a cluster.
Muticast IP finder forms such a list automatically for you while in case of
static IP finder you do this manually.

If you properly setup the static IP finder for two nodes and see that they
are blocked on RES_WAIT then please do the following:

- make sure that each node can reach each other over network. The ports that
the nodes are bound to might be closed by your firewall. In any case there
is always a way to set ports list to use for an IP finder:
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/cluster-config#multicast-and-static-ip-based-discovery

- if you're sure that there is no any network related issue and each node
can reach each other then please provide us with a reproducible example.
Probably this is a bug and we will be able to fix it.

In any case if you properly setup the static IP finder then you shouldn't
worry about any leader selection or any other discovery related
responsibilities. This is done out of the box.

Answering on some of your additional questions.

> Just to confirm, what would the Ignite topology be after the following
> sequences?
> Node A starts (no peers)
> Node B starts (no peers)
> Node C starts, connects to A
> Node D starts, connects to B
> -- I assume here we will have two isolated clusters

If A and C is from one network segment and B and D is from the other then
you'll have two clusters. If all the nodes from one network segment then
you'll have one cluster.

> Node E starts, connects to A, B
> -- Do we now get a unified topology spanning all nodes?

The same as above.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Denis