ignite-user mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Setrakyan <dsetrak...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CacheStore servicing multiple requests for same key
Date Mon, 12 Oct 2015 23:02:20 GMT
On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 7:35 AM, endian675 <mike@griggs.org.uk> wrote:

> I have a CacheStore that loads missing data from the underlying data source
> (an Oracle DB).  At present, multiple requests for the same key will cause
> multiple loads from that Oracle DB, until the object is inserted in to the
> memory cache by Ignite.
>
> Is there currently any way to queue up subsequent requests for a CacheStore
> load() that is "in flight", and then signal them all when the data is
> available in the memory cache?

I remember seeing a ticket about this. The proposed design involved
wrapping the CacheStore internally, inside of Ignite, and ensuring that no
duplicate requests are sent to DB by overriding the load(...) methods in
the wrapper.

> I can simulate this in my CacheStore implementation using a piece of shared
> context and some retry loops, but is there a native Ignite way?  If not,
> would anyone be interested in me implementing this inside Ignite?

Would be great if you could contribute this functionality. Let me find the
relevant ticket so you can get started. I will post it here.