ignite-user mailing list archives

From <jaroslav.s...@accenture.com>
Subject ?
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2015 16:30:43 GMT
Hello Ignite users,

Let me share my exaltation from things you're doing.
Let me explain my problem/challenge - sorry I had not time to deeply dive into prototyping
yet and I have to make decision very quickly so I use this way to ask general  questions which
could help me to decide whether to include Ignite into short list for following prototyping
of Poc for our solution.

I really appreciate if anybody could respond  to my maybe un-competent queries (Q).

Our challenge:

*       We have files "BLOBs" which represents binary vectors.

*       We'd like to load them into Ignite data grid as distributed key values c

*       We are up to implement capability where the service [cid:image002.png@01D10777.9CD40BA0]
 (our service layer) is getting binary vector (in the same format as stored in file system
-> Ignite data grid) and we need to

o   perform "search" in our gallery which vector is most close to vector on the input. To
calculate the distance (or probability of match) between 2 vectors we have encapsulated in
external lib(jar) which basically expose 1:1 match (vector1, vector2) capability. So we need
to perform 1:1 match over all vectors we have stored. As the number of vectors in the galley
is huge and number of requests to compare is also impressive - this is tack for memory computing.

*       What's more, there is service [cid:image004.png@01D10777.9CD40BA0] which continuously
adds new records into our gallery

Can you please confirm that following setup/approach with Ignite would work?

*       Will we  be able to load distributed data [cid:image006.png@01D10777.9CD40BA0] from
file storage into grid nodes in distributed manner?

*       Will we be able to from service [cid:image002.png@01D10777.9CD40BA0] trigger on every
grid node computation function [cid:image008.png@01D10777.9CD40BA0]  which will :

o   Go over all data (vectors) which are distributed on the current node [cid:image018.png@01D10777.9CD40BA0]

o   Call external lib be called from computation function [cid:image008.png@01D10777.9CD40BA0]

o   Can we pass parameter to computation function [cid:image008.png@01D10777.9CD40BA0]

o   Can computation function be deployed on nodes w/o needing to broadcast it from service
(computation trigger) ?

o   Is there any support from ignite to run computation function [cid:image008.png@01D10777.9CD40BA0]
in parallel on certain node?

*       We will be able to update data on computation nodes from service [cid:image004.png@01D10777.9CD40BA0]
(add new records), so new requests from service [cid:image002.png@01D10777.9CD40BA0] will
be able to process updated gallery of vectors in memory

Thank you so MUCH

Jaroslav Saxa
Accenture - Technology Architecture
Plynarenska 7/C, 829 01 Bratislava