ignite-user mailing list archives

From jamesgibbs100 <jamesgibbs...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Native .NET
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2015 09:52:46 GMT
Vladimir,

Thank you for taking the time to get back to me.

Referring to :
http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/C-and-NET-td2403.html

/"These are not basic client APIs, but rather is a full-blown in-memory data
fabric for .NET and C++ users. The goal is that users of these languages
will not have to write any Java code at all in order to use any Apache
Ignite features"/

>From the above, I was expecting .NET to have a 100% native implementation,
however, reviewing the codebase led me to understand .NET was delegating
through JNI to a JVM for core functionality.

In a trivial case, a single node launched in embedded mode, I was surprised
to see the code attempted to create a JVM when I had no intention of using
one - this was my lack of understanding of the architecture.

So, my question whilst motivated by performance, is more concerned with
confirming the above description of how the .NET client is implemented.

Is the above assumption/approximation correct ?

Thanks again
James

Vladimir Ozerov wrote