ignite-user mailing list archives

From vkulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ?
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2015 18:52:09 GMT
Hi Jaroslav,

>From what I see you use case definitely fits Ignite.

As a first step I think you should create a partitioned cache and implement
IgniteDataStreamer or CacheStore APIs for this [1].

It also sound like you will be heavily using compute capabilities. Please
refer to [2] for information about all available features.

[1] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/data-loading
[2] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/compute-grid

Also here are my answers to your compute-related questions:

jaroslav.saxa wrote
> Go over all data (vectors) which are distributed on the current node ?

Yes, you can use IgniteCache.localEntries() method.

jaroslav.saxa wrote
> Call external lib be called from computation function

No problem with this. You just need to make sure that the library is
available on classpath of all nodes.

jaroslav.saxa wrote
> Can we pass parameter to computation function

Yes, both forkjoin tasks and closure execution support arguments. See
IgniteCompute.execute(..) and IgniteCompute.apply(..) methods.

jaroslav.saxa wrote
> Can computation function be deployed on nodes w/o needing to broadcast it
> from service (computation trigger) ?

Usually there is no issue with sending a closure to a remote node, because
it's lightweight and you have to send a message anyway to trigger the
execution. But if you want to avoid this, you can deploy a task on server
nodes and trigger the execution by its name.

jaroslav.saxa wrote
> Is there any support from ignite to run computation function in parallel
> on certain node?

You can send a closure to any node and it will be submitted to a thread pool
on that node. On the client side you can either wait for the execution
synchronously or have an asynchronous completion listener.

Let us know if you have more questions.

-Val