ignite-user mailing list archives

From "Vinay B," <vybe3...@gmail.com>
Subject Questions on transitioning from GridGain to Ignite
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2015 18:31:56 GMT
We've used Gridgain for a while now, mostly for job distribution. It's been
a while since we upgraded and as a result, we currently run the open source
edition of gridgain (V 6.2.1)

Since Gridgain community is now part of the Apache ecosystem, what are the
best practices /concerns we will need to address to bring our grid enabled
code up to date?

1. I'm assuming we would need to change our maven targets to point to the
appropriate ignite 1.3.3 (or latest) group / artifacts. See

2. What is the general scope of the packaging changes? Does (in general),
org.gridgain translate to org.apache.ignite(and similar) or has there been
a total overhaul / refactir of class names?

3. Likewise, for the grid configuration Spring / XML files ?

4. Is there a migration / upgrade document available?

5. It looks like Ignite should support the GridGain functionality that we
use (and much more).

Is there anything else worth mentioning that we should note before
committing to the upgrade. It looks like Java 7 is still supported.

View raw message