ignite-user mailing list archives

From Vladimir Ozerov <voze...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: How to configure Hadoop accelerator for Hadoop-High Availability ?
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2015 09:20:34 GMT
Jesu,

Yes, normally we expect that one Ignite node will run on all machines where
file system is accessed. The main reason for this is performance. For
example, what if Hadoop sent a job to a node where HDFS is running, but
there is no Ignite node? In this case if you access HDFS through IGFS, you
will have to connect to some remote Ignite node and try fetching data form
there, what is less than optimal due to additoinla network trips. This is
why advised way to work with IGFS is to start Ignite node on each machine
running HDFS.

However, this is not strict requirement. You can work with remote Ignite
nodes through TCP endpoint of course. But if IGFS use some additional
Hadoop configuration files like *core-site.xml* or *hdfs-site.xml*, then
you must ensure that they are placed in the same directories on all
machnies where you access IGFS.

Vladimir.