ignite-user mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Replicated Cache not replicating
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2015 05:29:09 GMT
Hi,

Please see below

On 9/13/2015 2:04 PM, levaly wrote:
> I am using the following configuration for Replicated Data grid:
>
>        <property name="cacheConfiguration">
>              <list>
>                  <bean
> class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.CacheConfiguration">
>                      <property name="name" value="cache*"/>
>                      <property name="cacheStoreFactory">
>                          <bean
> class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.IgniteReflectionFactory">
>                              <property name="componentClass"
> value="com.somepackage.someclass"/>
>                          </bean>
>                      </property>
>                      <property name="cacheMode" value="REPLICATED"/>
>                      <property name="readThrough" value="true"/>
>                  </bean>
>              </list>
>          </property>
>
> I have 2 servers running ignite, and I connect with a third client to them
> to get/set cache requests. Once my process is done, I waited 5 minutes, took
> down one ignite server and re-ran my process.
>
> I was expecting all cache requests to be stored entirely in the second
> running ignite instance (meaning replicated there), but found out that it
> was not the case, and the second ignite instance called again to retrieve
> cache data.
Is this second ignite instance the one that has been restarted before?
When a node/instance is restarted it will load data from a cache store
on demand (when a value is requested) or depending on
CacheStore.loadCache() implementation.

If you don't start a node that has been shut down then this is a
different case. Please clarify what is your case exactly.

--
Denis