ignite-user mailing list archives

From vkulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to get an existing instance of ignite running
Date Wed, 23 Sep 2015 22:52:33 GMT

Can you please properly subscribe to the user list so we can get email
notifications? You can refer to these instructions for more info:

Vamsi wrote
> I am tryign a clinet server setup. I have setup a ignite server node on a
> VM and also setup a client node on my laptop.using ignote.sh script I have
> started botht he nodes and they are discovered correctly.
> Now I want to use this client node which is running thru my java code. Is
> it possible ? I dont want to start the ignite thru my java code using
> ignote.start() method.

No, to use a node as a client you have to start it in embedded mode within
your application. Why don't you like Ignition.start() method?

Note that to make sure that the node is started in client mode, you should
start it like this:

// Forces all nodes started by current thread to be clients.