ignite-user mailing list archives

From javadevmtl <java.dev....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SQL Performance indexing performance on-heap vs off-heap
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2015 18:35:10 GMT
Sergy, point taken, but what i'm trying to point out is the following...

In on-heap mode I can easily insert and query 0-15,000,000 without any
performance loss. And if anything even more then 15 million entries in the

The off-heap cache though instantly within a few thousand entries it's
performance starts to degrade.

Also for on-heap the query latency time stays consistent. So 1 entry or 15
million entries the query takes about the same time. This is not true for
the off-heap it slowly degrades.

To be clear we are talking about SQL queries and indexes.

I posted my analysis in the threads above + the github code to reproduce it.
I'm willing to even do a join.me to show you. I can reproduce it 100% of the