ignite-user mailing list archives

From javadevmtl <java.dev....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is it me or primitives as properties are alot faster?
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2015 14:39:08 GMT
Ok so here is more details...

Running 1.3.3 on single node single server with 32 cores

I had a MyModel as...

Switched to...

1- My SQL queries # of operations jumped from 18,000/sec to 54,000/sec.
2- Total cache size for 15 Million records went from 20GB on-heap usage to
just about 6.5GB on-heap usage.

Also if you business case allows it. Make sure you convert your models'
Strings properties into 64-bit long hash codes as much as possible
especially for indexes. I.e:
myModel.setMyField1(some64bitHashingFunction("This string value will be
stored as a 64 bit long"));
In my case I can do this because I don't care of the actual value, just
using the indexes to count stuff.