ignite-user mailing list archives

From vkulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ignite head master
Date Tue, 15 Sep 2015 17:45:07 GMT
big-jobiees wrote
> In the ignite repo i see lots of branches.
>
> my question is what dose head of master represent,  in terms of Ignite
> development. ?
>
> the latest greatest edge of development ?  or only stable complete
> features added ?
>
> Thanks

Hi,

Master contains only completed features and bug fixes. Additionally, when
release is close we create a separate branch for it (for example, now there
is 'ignite-1.4'). This allows to add critical fixes to the nearest release
and at the same time move master ahead adding functionality for the
subsequent releases.

Most of the other branches exist only due to our old process and will be
removed in the nearest future. You should use patches or pull request to
contribute changes (see [1] for details).

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/How+to+Contribute

-Val