ignite-user mailing list archives

From vkulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SQL Performance indexing performance on-heap vs off-heap
Date Fri, 11 Sep 2015 00:17:23 GMT
Hi,

Your results seem really strange to me - offheap behaves like onheap when
there is not enough memory. Can you double check that proper configuration
is used for different tests? You should probably use createCache() method
instead of getOrCreateCache() to make sure that new cache is always created
for new configuration. I would also use VisualVM or other tool to see what
happens with memory utilization.

Generally queries can be around 20% slower with offheap due to a lot of
index lookups, but 3 times performance loss looks suspicious.

-Val