ignite-user mailing list archives

From javadevmtl <java.dev....@gmail.com>
Subject SQL Performance indexing performance on-heap vs off-heap
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2015 21:09:51 GMT
Running 1.3.3

Cache is configured with off-heap disabled or enabled...

Cache config: http://pastebin.com/j2yiKwdm
Business logic: http://pastebin.com/Uw3qAhY3
The model: http://pastebin.com/kUTrdPcp

On heap app is started with -Xmx30g per node running two nodes so total 60GB
on heap ram.
On heap app is started with -Xmx4g per node running two nodes so total 8GB
on heap ram and 128 of off-heap ram over the 2 nodes.

On heap: Can achieve 18,000 operations 50/50 write/read with average latency
of 8ms from empty cache all the way to 13,000,000 entries.

Off heap: Can achieve 6,000 operations 50/50 write/read with average latency
of 20ms from empty cache all the way to 1,000,000 entries. And then
performance slowly degrades from there.

Thoughts?

I'm thinking of sticking with on-heap, although I was routing for off-heap
lol. I was hopping to utilize each nodes 128GB rather then have to deploy
multiple nodes.