ignite-user mailing list archives

From javadevmtl <java.dev....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is invokeAll() considered a batch operation?
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2015 15:06:54 GMT
Alexy when you tested various key insertion sizes

1, 2, 4, 8, 16 etc...

Where you inserting serially in a loop Or concurrently? I.e: where you
calling invokeAll() one after each other or did you call invokeAll by
multiple threads?

In my case each web request will call invokeAll() for 27 keys. So if I have
3 web requests, that means that invokeAll() will be called 3 times and a
total of 81 keys will be written.

Write now my app is doing 3,380 web request a second. So that basically
generates 182,520 operations.
91260 reads and 91260 writes. I guess is not bad. Is it goo by your
standards?

Wondering maybe I should have a few caches for a group of keys to reduce the
concurrency on a single cache. So instead of doing 27 on 1 cache maybe I can
split to more caches...