ignite-user mailing list archives

From javadevmtl <java.dev....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is invokeAll() considered a batch operation?
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2015 18:21:24 GMT
Hi Yakov...

Each physical server node is 32 cores. When I deploy my vertx.io application
I tell it to create 32 instances of consumer.handler

Vertx.io is much like node.js reactor pattern. Each request is put into an
event loop and each instance of consume.handler will take 1 event from the
loop and process it. Vertx underneath handles all the dirty work.

So everything that runs inside consume would be as if it was 1 single
thread. Though of course ignite will work in it's on thread pool, that
doesn't change.

As far as the keys goes it's arbitrary data so it's not attached to an
identifier.

Here are some questions I try to answer

Given the person "John Smith" how many unique phone numbers does he have.
Given the phone number "555-555-5555" how many unique persons are associated
to it.

The other way I was trying to this was using a a data model where each data
is serialized, but secondary indexes where proving slow.