ignite-user mailing list archives

From Sergi Vladykin <sergi.vlady...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Query performance
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2015 08:28:45 GMT
I don't think performance of the index is a problem here. BTW, Ignite does
not support hash indexes currently.

If you have 2 nodes with partitioned cache and 0 backups it means, that you
will need 0 or 1 network round trip
per put depending on whether your key is local to your current node by
affinity function or not (=0.5 in avg).
When you are adding query you will always have 1 additional round trip per
operation (=1.5 in avg),
 also queries have locking interference with puts, so your 3k vs 9k
requests with increased latencies
look more or less valid to me.

Again, it does not make sense to compare performance of queries to
performance of cache put operation.

But if you will run query with REPLICATED cache, you will have another
picture: all the queries will run
just locally, but every put has to touch every remote node. I'd suggest to
try this setup with and without queries as well.

Sergi