ignite-user mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Setrakyan <dsetrak...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to configure multiple evictionPolicy and What's the behavior?
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2015 05:17:12 GMT
On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 10:03 PM, kcheng.mvp <kcheng.mvp@gmail.com> wrote:

> Might be a good idea to support multiple eviction policy, i have used
> Hazelcast in a project. it support multiple eviction policy.

I don't think support for multiple eviction policies for a single cache
makes sense. I would be very surprised if Hazelcast supports it.

Ignite does support multiple eviction policies for different caches. Each
cache can have its own different eviction policy.

Moreover, unlike Hazelcast, eviction policies in Ignite are pluggable and
you can plug in your own implementation, if none of the provided ones fit.

More on eviction policies here:

If this behavior is not enough, can you please give an example of what kind
of behavior you are looking for?