ignite-user mailing list archives

From vkulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Data Loading Options
Date Fri, 28 Aug 2015 02:20:34 GMT
ksatya wrote
> Hi,
>     I am new to Apche Ignite. I want to know what are the options
> available in Ignite to load the fast data from different sources into Data
> Grid? We have a use case where in data that comes very fast need to be
> loaded into Data Grid and leverage Compute Grid to execute our custom
> business logic in parallel across different nodes.
> We were initially planning to use some ETL too to load the data, but
> wanted to check if there are better options available to load around 1000
> TPS and process them.
> Thanks.

Essentially there are two options: via IgniteDataStreamer API and by
implementing CacheStore.loadCache() method. The latter can be used only for
initial load while nothing else is happening in the grid, so it looks like
streamer fits your use case better (I may be wrong).

Please refer to this documentation page for more information about data