ignite-user mailing list archives

From vkulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Where can I keep some meta-information about my nodes?
Date Tue, 25 Aug 2015 23:09:10 GMT
Alexey V. Ryazanov wrote
> I write my meta-info to system property in order to set node attribute -
> it works.
> Next nodes can see this attribute .forOldset() node.
> Thanks.
>
> But i still have a question about lifecycle. It seams to me, I can't
> access cluster info BEFORE_NODE_START (error message says "Grid is im
> invalid state to perform this operation"). But it's necessary for me to
> prevent node start if meta-info doesn't match some criteria. How can I do
> that? How can I be sure node doesn't do anything if doesn't "match" other
> cluster nodes?

Alexey,

You're right, grid is not functional yet on BEFORE_NODE_START event. The
functionality you describe can be implemented with a custom plugin.
PluginProvider interface has validateNewNode(ClusterNode node) method that
can be used for such checks.

But can you describe your use case in more detail? How do you match the
nodes and make a decision whether to allow join or not? Is it possible just
to not initiate the join process and simply solve this with the proper
discovery configuration?

-Val