ignite-user mailing list archives

From vkulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Where can I keep some meta-information about my nodes?
Date Mon, 24 Aug 2015 19:32:29 GMT
Alexey V. Ryazanov wrote
> I want to keep in my nodes some kind of configuration data.
>
> Something like this: when node#n starting it must be able to get some
> specific data from node#1 and compare with data they have. Like extended
> version check.
>
> The question is: where can I keep this meta-data? how and when I can get
> it?

Hi Alexey,

I think the best way is to keep this meta-data in node attributes [1]. You
can acquire the attribute value for any node at any moment via
ClusterNode.attribute(..) method. In case you want to do some checks on
startup, you can utilize lifecycle beans [2].

Let me know if it works for you.

[1] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/cluster#cluster-node-attributes
[2] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/ignite-life-cycle#lifecyclebean

-Val