ignite-user mailing list archives

From vkulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cache Events Questions
Date Fri, 21 Aug 2015 21:54:26 GMT
roar109 wrote
> 1) I have 2 nodes (a war with Ignite running ingite.start(cfgPath) on war
> startup), also on war start up I register Put/remove event listeners. So
> our CI tool shutdown/start one by one, after this we notice that the
> listeneres were executed several times. I manually shutdown/start nodes to
> see if it register again, and yes it register again if is remote listener,
> so on an event it rises many times, many times as I bounce or register the
> event in remote mode.

The behavior is correct, because each node registers its own listener that
is supposed to notify this particular node about the events that happened
throughout the topology. I.e., if only one node does that, the second node
will never get any notifications. In case of local event listener you, on
the other hand, listen only for events that happened locally, but not on
remote nodes.

So local and remote listeners are separate pieces of functionality and you
should use the one that fits your use case. Can you describe it in more
details?

-Val