ignite-user mailing list archives

From hueb1 <eric...@finra.org>
Subject ServiceGrid and Peer class loading
Date Fri, 21 Aug 2015 15:53:46 GMT
Are there any plans to make peer class loading work for deployed services?

When I try to deploy a service WITHOUT copying the service's jar file to
every node, I get an exception from the nodes saying that it can't find the
service class.  The documentation says peer class loading works for compute
tasks, which I verified, but why not for service classes as well?

The use case I have is for updating the implementation of a running service
to improve its performance without having to restart any nodes, thereby
allowing clients to continue processing and gain efficiencies at runtime.

If this is not possible, then the only way to deploy an updated
implementation is to shut all the nodes down, copy the updated jar, and
start the cluster up again?  Perhaps I could make the service execute as a
compute task where the efficiency logic can exist in the compute task....
Any thoughts?