ignite-user mailing list archives

From hueb1 <eric...@finra.org>
Subject Heap memory estimation rules
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2015 21:32:17 GMT
Is there a rule of thumb metric for measuring how much heap space you'd need
in order to store contents of a file of size X ?

For example, I am reading in a 1.1gb file of about 7 million lines which
would equate to 7 million total cache entries.  My small two node cluster
has total of 4gb heap space, but I hit the gc limit exception during data
stream loading.  So is there a percentage we can expect that will be used in
the heap other than for cache storage?  I would have though 4gb would be
enough to store 1.1gb of data into a distributed cache...