ignite-user mailing list archives

From hueb1 <eric...@finra.org>
Subject Dynamic ComputeTask distribution with new nodes
Date Mon, 17 Aug 2015 14:20:45 GMT
Does Ignite support distributing out compute tasks to new nodes that can come
up after the computetask job has been initiated?

I tested this using broadcast, call and run, and with ExecutorService but it
didn't seem to work.  My test case was setting the publicThreadPoolSize to
1, and kicking off a distributed closure job that had a delay in it.  I then
stood up another node so that it could join the cluster and pick up some of
the compute tasks that haven't been run yet.  However this didn't work.  It
seems like the jobs are all assigned to existing nodes in the cluster at job
kick-off time and cannot load balance from that point for new nodes that
join the cluster.