ignite-user mailing list archives

From Earnest Dyke <earnest.d...@ferguson.com>
Subject Design Question
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2015 18:27:21 GMT
Greetings all,I am evaluating Ignite for an application which we hope to
develop that will take a customer's cart and determine the "/best/"
warehouse from which to source the order. To that end my question is how to
architect the data. Should we have separate caches for each warehouse where
each cache contains just that warehouse's products and then send queries to
each cache? One note: the data will be updated very often. As products are
restocked and orders fulfilled the inventory balances for each product in
each warehouse will be updated. Not sure how this would impact cache design.
I was also reading about remote execution and was wondering if that could be
used. We have a set of rules, implemented in JBoss' Drools, that we would
want to execute against each warehouse to determine a "priority factor".
This is what we would pass through a separate set of rules to determine
"/best/" warehouse to source from.It just seems to me Ignite is a great fit
for this use case just not sure how to architect the data.Thanks in advance
for any and all relevant responses.Earnie!