ignite-user mailing list archives

From vkulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What is IGNITE_HOME for and is it required?
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2015 20:00:23 GMT
kevin wrote
> I am running my program with Ignite as a Maven dependency. If I package my
> program in a jar and try to run it, Ignite will throw an error when it
> tries to start up.
>
> Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URI is not hierarchical
>         at java.io.File.
> <init>
> (Unknown Source)
>         at
> org.apache.ignite.internal.util.IgniteUtils.resolveProjectHome(IgniteUtils.java:3136)
>
> I've never set IGNITE_HOME, but when I ran it from the IDE, it seems that
> Ignite will just try to resolve IGNITE_HOME, and continue on happily if it
> can't find it.
>
> I tried setting IGNITE_HOME to a "random" location just to get the jar
> running, but I noticed Ignite started writing stuff to that folder (such
> as a work folder and a marshaller folder).
>
> Is it possible to run Ignite from a jar without setting IGNITE_HOME? Where
> does Ignite write the files that would've gone under IGNITE_HOME if it
> cannot be resolved?

Hi Kevin,

IGNITE_HOME is not required and I can't figure out why it fails in your
case. What OS are you running on? Can you provide the absolute path to the
ignite-core.jar file in your .m2 repository?

If project home can't be resolved, Ignite will create work folder in your OS
temp directory. You can customize this by setting
IgniteConfiguration.setWorkDirectory() property.

-Val