ignite-user mailing list archives

From vkulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cache EntryProcessor.process is getting invoked twice when cache.invoke() method is called within Transaction, in atomic mode its invoked once.
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2015 19:35:29 GMT

This behavior is correct. Entry processor can be called more than once in
some cases. In your particular case it's called on the client node, because
you need to preserve the value for REPEATABLE_READ isolation, and then on
the server node during transaction commit when the entry is locked.

We guarantee that even if it's called more than once, it will be called for
the same input value. So assuming that your entry processor is stateless and
always produces the same result for the same input, your data will be
consistent. We will update documentation to make this requirement more

Makes sense?