ignite-user mailing list archives

From vkulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Best Operation practice in production
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2015 19:04:39 GMT
kcheng.mvp wrote
> Suppose the cache system is in production already, and right now I need to
> implement another new cache.
> per my understanding about ignite I have to shutdown all the server node,
> and restart it, as the new cache introduce a new pojo, I have to put it
> into ${node_server_home}/libs. but this practice is not acceptable. as our
> other service is using this cache.

Hi,

Your understanding is correct and right now there is no proper way to
achieve this. We're currently working on changes in marshalling which will
remove the requirement to have data classes on server nodes. This will allow
to start a client with new classes, start a new cache and put instances of
these classes into the cache without deploying them on data nodes. In my
understanding this will solve your issue, correct me if I'm wrong.

Here is the ticket that you can track:

-Val