ignite-user mailing list archives

From dsetrakyan <dsetrak...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Replicated cache initialization
Date Sat, 08 Aug 2015 01:12:52 GMT
diopek wrote
> One point I need to clarify, my cluster nodes will have the same code
> base.
> Each node will have same replica of reference data  but in addition to
> that will have their own partition of positions data. basically each node
> will do similar computation using same reference data on different
> positions.  When I bring up all nodes (let' say 20 nodes), since all nodes
> will have the same initializing bean, so using IgniteStream or CacheStore
> on each node can automatically avoid pounding the same database table or
> REST URL to load the same data into their local cache?
> Thanks,

If you want to make sure that "populateCache(...)" is only called from one
place (in which case you should use IgniteStreamer approach), then I would
recommend deploying this logic as a singleton service in the service grid.
More on singleton services and leader election here:

If you are using the the CacheStore approach, then it will be loading in
parallel from the underlying store. In this case you are right, each node
will concurrently load the same data from database, but will only accept the
data it is responsible for and will automatically ignore the rest.