ignite-user mailing list archives

From Dave Ellery <dave.ell...@leonardo.com>
Subject Ignite cluster upgrades with zero downtime.
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2015 13:15:31 GMT
We are about to embark on using Ignite for our in-memory processing at my current place of
work, now the question of how to handle upgrades has come up, so the main issue we are stuck
on is once we have a full production deployment, how will we upgrade the grid without taking
it offline? Will ignite handle this seamlessly, or will we need to come up with another strategy?

I guess a basic example to fully highlight what we desire to do, say we have N nodes deployed
with version X, we desire to upgrade all N nodes to version Y without having to take down
all N nodes.

Cheers,

Dave