ignite-user mailing list archives

From Ognen Duzlevski <ognen.duzlev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Securing Ignite
Date Thu, 30 Jul 2015 16:17:43 GMT
Aleksei, VPC is by default private, no? You can always have a separate
subnet within the VPC that you deploy all your on-demand Ignite nodes into,
together with your "always on" node - combined with some simple iptables
rules, this should be sufficient. You can expose the functionality of your
cluster via REST API where you can control access to the whole thing
(submitting jobs, asking for data etc.) via passwords, shared secrets,
public/private keys etc. The exposed REST point can be a separate machine
or set of machines running something like Scalatra (with/without Akka) that
is not in the same subnet but is allowed to connect to the Ignite subnet as
a client - you can make this node have a static IP (or you can have a
different subnet where this node is that is only allowed to connect to the
Ignite subnet) and only allow it to connect to your cluster...