ignite-user mailing list archives

From Aleksei Valikov <aleksei.vali...@gmail.com>
Subject Starting many Ignite nodes at once
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2015 08:12:25 GMT
Hi,

is it possible to start several Ignite node at once?

When I execute ./ignite.sh I'm getting just 1 node started. Assume I'm
having a large machine with, say, 16 CPU Cores and I'd like to start 16
nodes. Is it possible via configuration?

What would be even better, if I could start N-M (for instance 16-1=15)
nodes, where N is the total number of CPU Cores available and M is a number
of CPU Cores I'd like to reserve for management purposes.

We're going to execute some third-party software which is (a) not
intrinsically parallelizable (just uses 1 CPU Core) and (b) uses 100% CPU
when it runs. So if we have a 16-Core machine, we'd like to be able to
start this software 15 times (via 15 Ignite nodes) and resevre 1 CPU for
management tasks like health checks, monitoring and so on.

Is there a way to do it? Or should we just start ignite.sh 15 times and
script around?

Best wishes,
Alexey