ignite-user mailing list archives

From Dabbo <darren.edmo...@spgroup.co.uk>
Subject Client Only Server that doesn't rely on Nodes on intialisation?
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2015 09:25:48 GMT
Hi,

When using Apache ignite version 1.0.3, I was able to set the tomcat server
to run as CLIENT_ONLY and would start up OK, with some of our own code to
wait for worker nodes to attach to the cluster and then start pushing out
jobs.

I've just updated to 1.3.2 and now tomcat7/Spring will not initialise until
at least one worker node has connected to the client only server.  This is a
problem for me due to the way the application is designed.

The worker nodes uses a server URL to pull the Ignite configuration down -
without the server starting up, the worker node hangs waiting for a valid
HTTP response and the server hangs because it doesn't have a worker node
attached.

Is there a way to configure the server to ignore the state of the cluster
(DiscoverySpi?)and allow tomcat7/Spring to initialise? It would be ideal if
I can postpone the discoverSPi from polling after tomcat7/Spring has
initialised?