ignite-user mailing list archives

From Dabbo <darren.edmo...@spgroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: Futures not being triggered?
Date Thu, 30 Jul 2015 14:24:18 GMT
Hi Yakov,

Thanks for the prompt reply, I'll get the info together into the Jira ticket
for you as soon as I can.

I use Apache Ignite in the following way:

- I create an IgniteCallable<MyResultObject> object with a unique ID.
- The XML/XSL file assets are added to the "ASSETS" cache (cache stored on
the nodes).
- Create an IgniteCompute object (pulling from available remotes with
Async).
- Affinity call with the UUID, IgniteCallable(above) and "ASSET" cache key.
- Create a future from IgniteCompute
- Attach IgniteInClosure<IgniteFuture&lt;MyResult>> to the the future.

The server has it's own queue system to limit the number of jobs submitted
to Apache Ignite and releases more when the futures come back to release
them.

I guess this would cause starvation? but I have no idea what this would mean
to my application and/or if it's a bad thing?

Thanks again,

Darren.