ignite-user mailing list archives

From hueb1 <eric...@finra.org>
Subject Multiple grids in a cluster
Date Thu, 23 Jul 2015 14:23:47 GMT
I'm new to Ignite and trying to understand the API of Ignition.ignite() and
Ignition.start().  I believe we'd always need to call Ignition.start(..)
first to initialize the data grid(s).  And then call Ignition.ignite(..)
giving it the data grid name or none for default data grid.  That being
said, is there an example of a configuration file that specifies multiple
data grids?  Is it not good practice to have multiple data grids running on
the same set of hosts?  Should we always just use the default data grid?
Also I'm assuming the distributed caches are scoped by data grids yes?  You
can't have multiple data grids access the same distributed cache?